Paramedics called after boy’s cheeky act at Adelaide shopping centre

·News Reporter
·2-min read

A four-year-old boy's craving for chocolate got him into a pickle on Thursday morning, resulting in his arm becoming stuck in a vending machine.

The boy had been with his mum at Adelaide's Seafood Central shopping centre at around 9.30am, 7News Adelaide reports.

He then came across the skill tester machine which contained chocolate.

Emergency services at the Adelaide shopping centre.
A four-year-old boy from Adelaide managed to get his arm stuck in a vending machine at a shopping centre. Source: 7 News Adelaide

Not being able to contain his excitement, the child reached into the machine and tried to grab some — but to his dismay was unable to pull his arm out.

Luckily a Metropolitan Fire Service crew attended and managed to free his arm. It took them about an hour to do so.

The boy was then taken to the hospital for minor cuts to his arm.

A spokesperson from the SA Ambulance Service confirmed to Yahoo News Australia that one of their crews also attended but did not need to transfer the four-year-old.

The boy being carried as paramedics watch on.
Both Metropolitan Fire Service and SA Emergency Service crews attended the incident, with the boy only sustaining minor injuries. Source: 7 News Adelaide

Boy climbed inside a toy machine at shopping centre

Last week, another child found himself in an impressively tricky situation after he climbed inside a claw machine full of plush toys at a shopping centre in Brazil.

In a video shared on TikTok by Sky News, the fearless boy is seen bouncing up and down in excitement as he explores the inside of the toy machine.

Slightly perplexed onlookers watched the toddler play in the giant box, but no one was more shocked than the little boy's mum who pleaded with him to come out.

He didn't appear too bothered by his mum tapping on the glass and continued to ignore her demands of going back through the flaps he presumably entered.

Security was eventually called to help disperse the crowds, Sky News reported.

And in the end, the boy was recovered unharmed.

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@yahoonews.com.

You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.