Woman in serious condition after eating pomegranate bought from Coles
A South Australian man and woman have been hospitalised with Hepatitis A, believed to be linked to the consumption of Creative Gourmet frozen pomegranate.
A 33-year-old man and 64-year-old woman were both hospitalised after being diagnosed with the viral infection after purchasing the product from Coles.
The product was subject to a nationwide recall in April.
Coles removed Creative Gourmet frozen pomegranate products from store freezers following a NSW Health warning linking a Hepatitis A outbreak to the imported products.
With the two latest cases, SA Health has issued a reminder that consumers should dispose of any 180 gram packets of Creative Gourmet pomegranate arils with a best-before date up to the 21st of March 2020.
Boy, eight, run over and killed by ute while playing on highway
The man has been discharged but the woman remains in a serious condition in hospital.
SA Health food and controlled drugs director Fay Jenkins said there have been 11 cases of hepatitis A linked to the product across Australia.
Symptoms of hepatitis A include nausea, vomiting, fever and yellowing of the skin, and can take from 15 to 50 days to develop.