A furious shopper has slammed Woolworths after picking up an “inedible” grocery order.
The woman, from Launceston in Tasmania, took to the supermarket giant’s Facebook page on Sunday and posted an image of Dettol sitting on top of a bunch of bananas in a plastic bag.
She claimed the anti-bacterial liquid had leaked all over the produce, making it “inedible”.
“What idiot packs poison with fruit?” she wrote.
“Woolworths, I’ve always stuck up for you, but not this time!”
The customer said when she collected her order, she found two dozen eggs in a bag alone and two packs off filo pastry in another bag with nothing else inside.
She deemed the incident an “epic Woolworths fail”.
Other social media users commented on the woman’s post, saying they didn’t think staff were trained on how to pack.
“Very frustrating,” one woman wrote.
“Contact them and put in a complaint. They need to train their staff,” a man said.
The shopper responded that she had contacted the grocery chain but didn’t comment on whether or not they had responded.
Woolworths employees trained to ‘mindful’
A Woolworths spokesperson told Yahoo News Australia that the supermarket’s team members are trained to be “mindful of what items are packed alongside others”.
“We’re sorry to hear one of the products has leaked in the bag and will gladly replace any affected items,” they said in a statement.
“We apologise to the customer for any inconvenience caused.”
Prawns spark outrage on Woolworths page
Last week, a single photo posted to the Woolworths Facebook page prompted other customers to call on the retail giant to stop selling imported prawns.
One person shared the photo of Woolworths’ thawed green prawn cutlets, with the sign indicating the prawns were a ‘Product of China’, adding the photo was taken at a Tasmanian store.
It was later shared by other shoppers numerous other times, with calls for the store to stock Australian seafood instead.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.