Police are hunting two men after a teenage girl was raped in a NSW park on her way home early on Sunday morning.
The 19-year-old victim had been out with friends, but walked the remainder of the distance alone when she was assaulted by two men at Memorial Park, in Junee, near Wagga Wagga.
The attack happened about 1.30am, at the reserve on Main Street, officers from Riverina Police District were told told.
The woman was taken to Wagga Wagga Base Hospital.
The attack has sent shockwaves across the tight-knit regional town, one week after 22-year-old Melbourne woman Eurydice Dixon was raped and killed in a Carlton park while walking home late at night.
- Grieving mother’s warning on toppling furniture after son’s death
- Chickens set alight at skate park
- Hunt on for man who desecrated war memorial
- How can of deodorant caused explosion in teen’s bathroom
- Mystery couple behind Perth sunset engagement photo identified
An investigation is underway and police are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
The suspects have only been described to police as being of medium build, clean shaven, and wore dark-hooded jumpers at the time of the attack.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the online reporting page.