Heroic seven-year-old rescues baby sister from fierce house fire

Ash Cant
·2-min read

A brave seven-year-old boy has saved his baby sister from a house fire in the US, after the flames prevented his parents from reaching the baby’s room.

Nicole Davidson woke up in the middle of the night earlier in December and realised her Tennessee home was engulfed in flames.

She and her husband Chris are former firefighters, so he grabbed a fire extinguisher and she ran to grab the children, Tennessee news station WVLT reported.

Seven-year-old Eli saved his baby sister from a house fire. Source: WVLT
Seven-year-old Eli saved his baby sister from a house fire. Source: WVLT

While she managed to grab her sons, Ms Davidson was unable to reach her 22-month-old daughter’s room.

Luckily, seven-year-old Eli was ready to help his sister Erin.

After four of the Davidsons were safely outside, Mr Davidson gave Eli a boost to help save his sister through her bedroom window.

Boy says he ‘didn’t want sister to die’

Mr Davidson had busted open the window and help Eli through the window, once in the room he went to the crib and retrieved the 22-month-old toddler.

“Dad busted the window and then I said, ‘I can’t do it,’ like two times, and then I said, ‘I got her dad’,” Eli told WVLT.

“And when we went down there I said ‘I was scared but I didn’t want my sister to die’.”

According to CNN, the Davidsons have fostered over 30 children, including Eli.

Eli saved his 22-month-old sister, Erin, by climbing through her bedroom window and getting her out of the home. Source: WVLT
Eli saved his 22-month-old sister, Erin, by climbing through her bedroom window and getting her out of the home. Source: WVLT

Family left devastated by huge blaze

Fortunately, no one was injured in the fire, however, the home was completely destroyed.

“The fire escalated quickly and the house was a total loss,” a GoFundMe set up for the family says.

"It's devastating. We have nothing," Mr Davidson told CNN.

"You have never been as humble as you are when you don't even have your own underwear to wear."

While no one was hurt, the Davidsons' home was completely destroyed. Source: WVLT
While no one was hurt, the Davidsons' home was completely destroyed. Source: WVLT

Several fire departments responded to the blaze, WVLT reported, one of which was South Claiborne Volunteer Fire Department.

The department was dispatched to the family home at 11.30pm on December 8 and said the home was “fully engulfed” when responders arrived at the scene.

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@yahoonews.com.

You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.