Drink sold at Dan Murphy's, BWS and IGA recalled over label error

·2-min read

A range of pre-mixed drinks sold at Dan Murphy's, BWS and IGA have been recalled after a labelling error.

Pernod Ricard Wine​makers Pty Ltd has recalled its 200ml cans of Kahlúa Espresso Martinis, which come in packs of four, watchdog Food Standards announced on Thursday.

The cans incorrectly state the alcohol by volume (ABV) as 4.5 per cent, but the cardboard wrap states the correct ABV of 7 per cent.

The four-packs of recalled Kahlua espresso martinis sold at Dan Murphy's. Source: Food Standard
Pernod Ricard Wine​makers Pty Ltd has recalled its 200ml cans of Kahlúa Espresso Martinis, which are sold at Dan Murphy's. Source: Food Standard

"Food products with incorrect ABV may cause intoxication and/or subsequent injury/illness if consumed," Food Standards said in its alert.

The product is available for sale at Dan Murphys and BWS in New South Wales, Victoria, ACT, Queensland, Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia.

It can also be purchased at independent retailers including IGA in NSW, Victoria and Tasmania and hotels in NSW and Victoria.

Consumers have been urged not to consume the product and return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.

A General view of the BWS store at Berala in Sydney, Saturday, January 2, 2021. Source: AAP
The drinks are also sold at BWS and IGA. Source: AAP

Coles baby spinach and Kinder chocolate recalled

The news comes amid a series of recalls.

Earlier this week, Coles issued an urgent recall of its bags of baby spinach amid fears they contain salmonella.

The supermarket pulled the product from its stores in Queensland, ACT and New South Wales.

No other states or other Coles pre-packed spinach and salad products have been impacted by this recall.

Last week, several Kinder chocolate products were recalled over salmonella fears.

The Kinder products affected were sold across Australia at Coles, Woolworths, Target, Kmart, Big W, independent food retailers including IGA and petrol stations, and online.

Countries including the UK, France, Germany and Belgium were also affected.

A British mum has claimed her daughter was “lifeless” after eating a Kinder chocolate treat.

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@yahoonews.com.

You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.