As Sydney's eastern suburbs – and others dotted across the state capital – wake to their first day in lockdown, authorites are bracing for Covid case numbers to keep rising.
The list of exposure sites continues to snowball, including a number of venues outside of the four local government areas under strict stay at home orders for the next week.
Late on Friday night NSW Health announced more exposure sites, including in Manly, Maroubra, and Lakemba, Bankstown and Auburn in the city's west. A Bondi Junction cafe was also included as a venue where anyone who attended at a particular time is considered a close contact and must get tested and isolate immediately.
The new exposure sites are:
Manly: Hugo’s Manly – Saturday June 19, 5.30pm-8.15pm.
Shelley Beach: The Boathouse, Shelly Beach, Manly – Sunday June 20, 8.35am-11.40am.
Maroubra: Chemist Warehouse Maroubra, Thursday June 24, 9am-9.30am.
Lakemba: Haldon Street Medical Centre (in the waiting room), Thursday June 24, 10.15am-10.30am.
Bankstown: PappaRich Restaurant, Little Saigon Plaza, Thursday June 24, 1.30pm-4pm.
Bondi: Lyfe Café Bondi, all day on Tuesday June 22 and Wednesday June 23.
Additionally, anyone who attended a screening of Fast and Furious 9 in Auburn recently is urged to call NSW Health on 1800 943 553, get tested and self-isolate unntil further notice.
Auburn: Reading Cinema – Fast And Furious 9 screening on Sunday June 20, 6.30pm screening.
Other new sites where attendees would be considered a casual contact have been listed in Casula, Ryde, North Ryde, Zetland, Randwick and Bankstown, as well as anyone who travelled on the T8 Airport & South Line from Mascot to Central at 5:26pm on Saturday June 19 and the T2 Inner West and Leppington Line on the same day at 5:37pm.
"Please check the NSW Health website regularly, as the list of venues of concern and relevant health advice are being updated as investigations continue," NSW Health said.
The spread of exposure sites across the city will keep contact tracers on edge over the weekend with some public health experts calling for wider lockdown measures.
People who live or work in Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick and the City of Sydney council areas will not be able to leave home for a week except for essential purposes.
These include work or education, shopping, providing care or outside exercise.
The order took effect from 11.59pm on Friday and will last until 11.59pm on Friday, July 2.
Australian Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly has also extended his declaration of Sydney as a hotspot, paving the way for Commonwealth financial support to be offered.
Coronavirus disaster payments of up to $500 kick in seven days after a hotspot is declared.
Eligible workers left without income in the seven local government hotspot areas will be able to access the one-off payment from July 1.
Treasurer Dominic Perrottet on Friday night also said he was looking at ways to provide support of affected businesses and workers.
NSW recorded 22 new (previously unreported) cases on Friday as the Bondi cluster grew to 65 cases.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org