Passengers on flights to and from New Zealand ordered to isolate now

·News Editor
·3-min read

Passengers on two international flights between Australia and New Zealand are on high alert after potentially being exposed to coronavirus.

Travellers who flew on the following flights are being urged to immediately contact NSW Health on 1800 943 553, get a Covid test and isolate for 14 days regardless of the result:

  • Qantas flight QF163, departing Sydney at 7.05pm on June 18 and arriving in Wellington at 12.12am on June 19

  • Air New Zealand flight NZ247, departing Wellington at 10.13am on June 21 and arriving in Sydney at 11.33am

The tails of a Qantas plane and an Air New Zealand plane are seen parked at a gate.
Travellers on a Qantas flight and an Air New Zealand flight between Sydney and Wellington are being told to isolate immediately. Source: Getty/FILE

The announcement comes just hours after New Zealand halted the travel bubble with NSW following an increase in local Covid cases.

On Tuesday, a further 10 cases were revealed in New South Wales, bringing the Bondi COVID-19 cluster to 21.

New exposure sites listed in Sydney

Along with the flights, several new venues were added to the rapidly growing list of exposure sites, including one in Sydney’s south-west.

Totti’s Bondi, an Italian restaurant located within the The Royal Bondi pub, has been listed as a venue for close contacts.

Anyone who visited on Saturday June 19 between 5pm and 6.30pm must call NSW Health, get tested and isolate for 14 days regardless of the result.

Anyone who was at The Royal Bondi (and not Totti’s specifically) during the same time period is considered a casual contact and must get tested and isolate until negative result is received.

A Woolworths supermarket in Spring Farm, near Camden in Sydney’s south-west, is also an exposure site.

Visitors to the store on Sunday 20 June between 9.30am and 10am are also considered casual contacts and must get tested and isolate until negative result is received.

More than 20,000 Sydneysiders on alert after sewage discovery

Earlier on Tuesday, a public health alert was issued for 22,500 Sydneysiders after traces of the virus were detected in stage treatment plants.

Residents living in 15 suburbs were told to watch out for symptoms and get tested if they develop after the Covid fragments were found on Sunday at the Brooklyn and Lough Park catchments.

The Brooklyn treatment plant serves 1000 people living in Dangar Island, Cowan, Brooklyn, Mooney Mooney and Cheerio Point.

The Lough Park catchment serves 21,500 people from Clovelly, Waverley, Randwick, Centennial Park, Queens Park, Bondi, Bondi Junction, Bellevue Hill, Double Bay and Woollahra.

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@yahoonews.com

You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting