The identity of a body found inside a barrel in the back of a ute in Brisbane on Wednesday is still unknown, but there are fears that it could be 16-year-old Larissa Beilby, the teenager who has been missing since June 15.
Seven News understands she left her Sandgate accommodation in a black ute and claimed to be with her new boyfriend.
She last contacted friends and family three days later.
On Monday, fears for her safety grew and on Tuesday afternoon police issued a missing persons alert.
Twenty-four hours later, investigations led police to a Buccan home, where a man at the property got into a black ute and fled.
Police tracked the ute to Stapylton, where it was dumped, and the man, named as Zlatko Sikorsky, fled in a silver Commodore.
Sikorsky is well known to authorities, who fear he may be carrying weapons.
- Woman saw ‘arm flapping out of barrel’ before teen’s body found
- Man wanted over body found in barrel ‘known to missing teen Larissa Beilby’
Police had already been searching for the 34-year-old, who was already wanted on a return to prison warrant.
“We wish that no person approach either Mr Sikorsky or the vehicle but to identify his whereabouts and to ring police immediately,” Detective Acting Inspector Scott Furlong said.
Investigators believe he’s still in Queensland, somewhere between Logan and the Gold Coast.
Larissa Beilby was in Year 12 at Craigslea State High School, but according to friends, she hadn’t been attending classes.
Seven News has been told she left the home she shared with her dad, sister and brother because of a disagreement, and was living in youth accommodation in Sandgate before moving in with her boyfriend a few weeks ago.
Through this time she posted regularly on her social media accounts, but then she began sharing concerning details allegedly about being the victim of violence.
When Larissa stopped posting online, serious questions were raised about her safety.
Her friends say they are holding out hope she is still alive.