A girl who was scalded by a hot tea from McDonald's has been awarded $102,000 in damages.
Sum Yee Nam, 7, was in a McDonald's restaurant in Dublin, Ireland, with her mother and sister when she was horrifically burned by the hot tea in 2017.
The girl, who is now 11, has had ongoing difficulties with her foot as a result of the incident and her burns have not healed as hoped, according to The Irish Times.
Ireland's High Court heard the girl was burned by the hot tea after a McDonald's worker knocked a cup onto the child's leg and foot while trying to clean a table.
The court heard the burn was so severe she had to undergo a skin graft and has suffered scarring as a result of the injury, The Irish Times reported.
In an affidavit submitted to the court by her father, he claimed Sum was distressed by the incident and the severe pain made her "very upset".
Justice Garrett Simons said he would recommend the Personal Injuries Assessment Board award the girl $102,000 in damages.
He claimed the McDonald's worker failed to take proper care when cleaning the table, which led to the girl's horrific injuries, The Irish Times said.
In March, an Australian customer blasted McDonald's after he claimed he suffered a burn to his leg when he was passed a searing hot coffee without a lid in the drive-thru.
McDonald's told Yahoo News Australia at the time the incident would be investigated.
Do you have a story tip? Email: email@example.com