A woman has died after inhaling scrambled eggs, an inquest in the UK has heard.
Roma Barker, 86, was in Gloucestershire Royal Hospital eating scrambled eggs for lunch on January 23 when she died, Gloucestershire Live reported.
She had been admitted after suffering from a chest infection.
Senior coroner Katy Skerrett said Mrs Barker “started to cough and collapsed” and added the elderly woman had “no history” of eating difficulties.
- Why this newsreader broke down on live TV
- ‘He opened my door and swung at me’: Woman fears for safety after cyclist road rage attack
- Woman wins right to use dead boyfriend’s sperm to have children
She concluded Mrs Barker’s death was accidental and caused by asphyxia.