Woman 'sick' after 'horrible' discovery in McDonald's wrap

Kamilia Palu
·News Editor
·2-min read

A vegetarian has been left feeling sick after unwillingly eating meat for the first time due to a mix-up at McDonald’s.

Maisy Mason, 20, had ordered a spicy veggie wrap from her local store in Devon, England, and after her first bite realised the order was wrong.

Ms Mason posted a picture of the wrap to Facebook, showing the chicken in the centre with a bite taken out of it.

The woman was unwittingly sold real meat with her veggie wrap. Source: Getty Images
The woman was unwittingly sold real meat with her veggie wrap. Source: Getty Images

“Nice one McDonald’s,” she wrote, telling her friends she was “feeling pretty dodgy” after eating it.

“I’ve never eaten meat before today,” she said.

Ms Mason’s followers were horrified at the mistake, saying it was “horrible” and “totally unacceptable”.

The mum-of-one told Devon Live the wrap was her ‘go-to’ meal as it was dairy-free and vegan.

“I always order from McDonald's so I didn't even think to check what was in it before I ate it,” she said.

“I've called their customer services today (January 26) and they have offered me a £10 voucher.

The customer ordered a spicy veggie burrito but was served meat. Source: Facebook
The customer ordered a spicy veggie burrito but was served meat. Source: Facebook

“I am not really happy with that to be honest - I don't think it is acceptable.”

McDonald’s told the publication in a statement that the incident was a result of “human error” and they were “disappointed” to have let Ms Mason down.

“We absolutely recognise that it is not acceptable to serve meat when a vegetarian product has been ordered, and we sincerely apologise to the customer for the mistakes that were made in this case.”

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@yahoonews.com.

You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.