The West

House fire spreads to ceiling
House fire spreads to ceiling

Fire crews were called out to a house in Boya last night after a fire sparked in the chimney quickly spread to the ceiling.

A call was received at about 7pm, with fire crews from Midland and Kiara rushing to the property on Michael Crescent.

A spokesman at DFES said the flames were extinguished quickly and that the cause was believed to have been accidental.

While the home is insured, the extent of the damage is estimated at about $30,000.

No one was injured, although it is not known if the owners were home at the time.

The West Australian

Latest News From The West

Police raided a notorious chain of smoke shops across Perth yesterday as it revealed officers seized more than 4500 packages of synthetic substances from the outlets last financial year.

A lucky Australian man has won his own remote Pacific island resort in a raffle, after shelling out just US$49 for the winning ticket to claim the paradise property.

Miami (AFP) - Donald Trump sensationally challenged Russia on Wednesday to hack into Hillary Clinton's emails as a furious Democratic campaign accused the Republican nominee of inviting foreign spies …

Popular videos

Our Picks

Follow Us

More from The West