A mum has been left horrified when she opened a tin of Heinz spaghetti to find it full of maggots.
Jade Louise Webb, 26, was cooking dinner for her three children when she made the gruesome discovery in the supermarket tin.
The mother, from Aberdare in south Wales, said the smell was "like something had rotted" and made her feel "sick to my stomach".
"I recently purchased a food item of Heinz spaghetti with sausage from a local Asda supermarket,” she said.
"I opened the tin to make for my children's tea and I was disgusted to find that inside were maggots on the inside of the lid.
"The food was all rotten and smelt so bad – it put me off food all night. I felt sick to my stomach.
"The worst part of it is that the tin is actually in date until August 2021."
The mother added she had “never seen anything like that before”.
Heinz have apologised for the incident and say the quality of its produce is always the company's "number one priority".
"We were very sorry to hear about Jade’s experience. The quality of all our varieties is always our number one priority,” a spokeswoman for the American brand said.
"It appears as though this particular can may have become damaged after leaving the factory allowing air to enter and mould to grow.
"We would ask that Jade contacts our Careline team on 0800 528 5757 or online so that they can carry out a full investigation."
Do you have a story tip? Email: email@example.com.