Kmart lamp recalled over deadly fault

The table lamps have a defect that may expose live wires putting users at risk of electrocution.

Kmart customers are being urged not to use a table lamp sold at the store as it has been recalled over fears of "serious injury or death".

A series of Marmo table lamps with inline switches were recalled after a defect was discovered which may lead to exposed live wires, putting users at risk of injury from electrocution.

"The power cord may detach where it meets the inline switch, exposing live wires," the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) says on its website on Monday.

A photo of the the Marmo Table Lamp with an inline switch from Kmart. A photo of the outside of a Kmart store.
The Marmo table lamp with an inline switch from Kmart has been recalled over electrocution fears. Source: ACCC/Getty

"There is a risk of serious injury or death from electric shock or electrocution. Electric shock incidents associated with this defect have occurred.

"Consumers should immediately stop using the product, disconnect from mains power and cut the cord safely."

The affected lamp was sold nationally, internationally and online at Kmart between January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2019. The key codes on the products are 42245209 and 42328384, and the batch codes are from 33/15 to 51/18.

Those who have bought the lamps are encouraged to return them to their nearest Kmart or Khub store for a refund, or to exchange it for a new Marmo Table Lamp that has no defects.

For more information contact Kmart Customer Service on 1800 124 125 during the weekdays between 7am and 6pm AEST or go on the retailers website.

Do you have a story tip? Email:

You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.