Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's new Netflix docuseries has yet to be released, but it's making headlines for all the wrong reasons after numerous photos that aired in trailers for the show were found to be 'fake'. Three episodes of the six-part docuseries will be released on Thursday, with a second trailer shared on Tuesday, teasing what's to come.
However, it was quickly revealed that several photos that were included in the trailer were actually taken during very different moments in time and not when Harry and Meghan were even together.
One photo of Harry being hounded by the press has been cropped to hide that it was taken in 2007 when he was with his ex-girlfriend Chelsy Davy at Heathrow Airport.
"You just can't make this sh*t up. For Harry and MEGHAN's Netflix teaser they included a cropped picture of Harry... with Chelsy Davy! LMAO," body language expert Jesús Enrique Rosas shared on Twitter. "WHAT IS THIS."
"So, who doesn't believe Netflix had to fake it until they could make this from everything except stuff about them, cause no one ever cared. And the duo staged the rest to make it look like something relatable," one Twitter user responded.
"They had to dig around for this one," another responded with laughing emojis.
Jesús also shared another "fail", where Netflix used footage of paparazzi seemingly hounding Harry and Meghan when the footage was actually taken from a Katie Price photoshoot.
"#SecondTrailerFAIL those paparazzis right after the Harry and Meghan DISTRESSED shot ('I was terrified... I didn't want history to repeat itself...') ...are from a KATIE PRICE photoshoot LMAO," he wrote.
"They spent nearly 3 years making this, and Twitter has ripped it as a load of bollocks in minutes," one user responded.
Another shot taken from Tuesday's trailer seemingly shows the press being 'intrusive' as Harry and Meghan walk with their son Archie when he was just a baby, however, journalist Robert Jobson has hit back at the implication.
The Evening Standard royal editor wrote on Twitter, "This photograph used by @Netflix and Harry and Meghan to suggest intrusion by the press is a complete travesty. It was taken from an accredited pool at Archbishop Tutu’s residence in Cape Town. Only 3 people were in the accredited position. H & M agreed the position. I was there."
Another clip shows paparazzi swarming a car, but it was not Harry and Meghan's. It was Michael Cohen, Donald Trump's former lawyer who was on his way to serve time in jail.
Another photo showed children waving Union Jack flags was seemingly made to appear as though they were waiting for the Sussexes. However, the photo was actually taken in 1938 for a royal engagement for Queen Mary in Brixton, south London.
Twitter users pointed out that Netflix has lost its credibility after making these mistakes, with one user writing, "Sadly these sort of stunts whether or not done with Harry & Meghan's knowledge will severely damage their credibility."
Speaking about the shocking images, another said, "If even half of this is true, @netflix cannot run this Harry and Meghan propaganda show and retain any credibility. They should pull the show."
It comes after another image was previously proven to have been taken at the London premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two in 2011, five years before Harry and Meghan met. No members of the royal family attended the event, which saw author JK Rowling and the film’s stars Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint walk the red carpet. Instead, the photo reportedly comes up first on the stock image website Alamy when you search ‘paparazzi’.
Royal expert Ingrid Seward told The Sun: “I don’t imagine Harry would have realised, but Netflix have been careless here as it weakens Harry’s comment about protecting his family. This fake picture weakens his point.”
The publication’s photographer Doug Seeburg, who can be seen in the image, added: “In the Netflix trailer, it’s implied the photographers, including me, were trying to get a shot of the royal couple — but that’s nonsense.
“For a picture from that premiere to turn up in this trailer about Harry and Meghan seems like lazy picture research.”
Yahoo Lifestyle has contacted Netflix for comment.
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.