‘Thanks for the science experiment’: Coles sauce explodes in cupboard
A Coles dressing has made for an interesting interruption to a dinner party after it exploded and spewed out of its glass bottle.
The unopened Keep It Cleaner Green Goddess Dressing, purchased from the Wyoming store, on the NSW Central Coast, burst open while in a shopper’s pantry on Monday, one week after she bought it.
The customer quickly transferred the product to the kitchen sink, where she filmed the creamy sauce bubbling out the top, like a miniature volcano.
In a post to the retailer’s Facebook page, she likened the alarming experience to a school science experiment.
“This is one week after purchase and being left in the pantry, thanks for the science experiment Coles,” she wrote.
'Hidden perfectly': Coles shopper outraged by disgusting find in meat
Woolworths, Coles and David Jones added to NSW Covid hot list
'Unimpressed' Coles shopper shares note from delivery driver
Following the experience, she suspected the product was likely meant to be kept in the fridge.
The product was largely self-emptied and later thrown in the bin.
The cause of the dramatic incident was revealed by Coles in response to the woman’s post.
Its eruption was likely a result of it being kept in the pantry, rather than in the fridge.
“We can advise that the storage instructions for the Keep It Cleaner Green Goddess Dressing are refrigerate at or below four degrees and use within three days of opening,” an employee wrote.
The customer revealed that she had not refrigerated the bottle and had incorrectly “just assumed it was a shelf product”.
“Left in the pantry, it makes a great conversation starter,” she joked.
Coles confirmed the product should be kept in the fridge, and consumed within one month after being opened.
Do you have a story tip? Email: email@example.com.
You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.