Grim footage has emerged showing a killer leaving his home with a bag containing dismembered body parts belonging to a woman he earlier stalked on the street.
Azam Mangori, 24, appeared in CCTV footage walking with an intoxicated Lorraine Cox, 32, hours before killing her in his room above an Exeter kebab shop, in southwest England, in September last year.
The Iraqi national was found to have cut her body into seven pieces over the course of a week and disposed of her clothing and possessions in bins and woodland.
Police have now released footage showing Mangori a week after he killed Ms Cox, carrying a sizeable Sports Direct bag with some of her remains inside.
Mangori is believed to have taken the remains to nearby bush to dump them. Some of Ms Cox's remains were later found at Tinpit Hill, near a village called Newton St Cyres.
CCTV footage also showed Mangori the night of the attack, following an intoxicated Ms Cox with his hood up before approaching her and walking with her in the direction of his flat.
Prosecutors told Exeter Crown Court Ms Cox was walking home from drinks with friends when she came across Mangori, who had a "sexual encounter" with her in an alleyway before taking her to his room and killing her.
The jury heard Mangori cut her body into seven pieces and "mutilated her body in other ways", before disposing of it.
Mangori, who also went by the name Christopher Mayer, had never met Cox before.
The court found Ms Cox could have been suffocated given the t-shirt she was wearing was found in her mouth.
Mangori tried to cover up the crime by dismembering her body and using her SIM card to make it appear she was still alive, the court heard.
Ms Cox's family and friends became suspicious of the correspondence they were receiving and ultimately reported her missing.
Family grateful for 'continued love and support'
Mangori tried to claim Ms Cox, who was a diabetic, had died suddenly at his home, and he didn't call an ambulance because it wasn't customary in his home country.
His claim was rejected and on April 1 he was convicted of murder.
Family of Ms Cox released a statement following the verdict this week, expressing their despair over their loss, as well as gratitude to those who had supported them throughout the past seven months.
“This will be the first time the family have spoken publicly since the traumatic loss of Lorraine, the most kind-hearted, loving generous girl – the heartbeat of our family," the family said in the statement.
“As I am sure you can all appreciate, the last seven months have been a very difficult time. The five weeks that this trial has run its course have been both mentally and emotionally exhausting.
“Sadly, we will never be able to see Lorraine alive again, but we couldn’t have asked for more from the public and we shall be forever grateful for their continued help and support, both during and after this period," part of the statement read.
They also thanked contributors to a fundraising page that allowed them to give Ms Cox a "beautiful" funeral service.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org