Bunnings lights recalled over fears they may catch on fire

An LED light sold at Bunnings is being recalled over fears of catching on fire, resulting in potential harm or even death.

According to Product Safety Australia, the "light's LED components could overheat causing the housing to distort, melt or ignite".

"The product may ignite and catch on fire causing serious injuries, death or property damage."

The impacted batches of the Lagos 90w LED Slim Batten 1200mm Linear Lighting Fixture from Brilliant Lighting, have the codes VR2821 and VR3821.

They were sold in Bunnings stores from December 1 2019 until September 23 this year.

Those who have bought the light are warned to "immediately stop using the light fitting", unplug the product and return it to their nearest Bunnings store for a refund.

People can also contact Brilliant Lighting for more information by phone on 1800 879 625 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm) or email at support@brilliantlighting.com.au. Their website can be accessed here.

Shoppers are urged to return the item to their nearest Bunnings. Source: Getty
Shoppers are urged to return the item to their nearest Bunnings. Source: Getty

Panel heater sold at Bunnings recalled

Recently, another product was recalled at Bunnings stores in Australia over fire fears.

The panel heater, The Mill Electrical Convection Panel Heater 2000W, has been recalled amid fears a default could cause "serious injury or death".

The model numbers AU SG2000LED and AU SG2000LED BK were sold at Bunnings from July 5, 2021 to July 20 this year, according to Product Safety Australia.

"The supply cord is inadequately anchored to the appliance and if pulled it may become detached from the unit or become loose," the recall alert warns.

"Risk of fire or electric shock causing serious injury or death."

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@yahoonews.com.

You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.