Two European backpackers kidnapped and attacked at Salt Creek in South Australia plan to re-live their ordeal for the cameras.
They have asked a court to drop secrecy orders on their identities so they can sell their real-life horror story.
Lena Rebante, 23, is the German backpacker who fought off depraved, sadistic sexual predator Roman Heinze in the sand dunes at Salt Creek in February last year.
Her chilling, detailed testimony before a jury helped put Heinze away for 22 years.
She stoically sat through much of the trial, forced to re-live the terrifying events.
On Tuesday Ms Rebante won a bid to have a secrecy order on her name and image dropped so she can tell her real-life horror story to the world.
"They've fulfilled their responsibilities in giving evidence and ensuring justice can be done, so it's appropriate now that they have become survivors, they actually gain some benefit from that experience," Victims of Crime Commissioner Michael O'Connell said.
Mr O'Connell said Ms Rebente and her fellow victim were "incredibly brave and deserve all they can get".
"Most importantly, this is about them regaining control, this is about them telling their story under the terms they want to tell it," he said.
- 'Utterly depraved': Salt Creek attacker Roman Heinze jailed for at least 17 years
- 'In the right place': Father of Salt Creek monster Roman Heinze says jail is where he belongs
The identify of the other survivor, as 23-year-old Brazilian woman, remains a secret for now because of state laws preventing identification of sex crime victims.
It's believed the women could receive up to half a million dollars to tell their story.