A Queensland man has been injured after he exploded his kitchen trying to use insect spray as a flame-thrower to kill cockroaches.
Emergency services were called to the house on Abel Smith Parade, Mt Isa at 8pm on Wednesday to find the man with lacerations to his hands and head.
Police said they believed the resident ignited a can of insect spray while trying to kill the cockroaches.
"Well the instructions are put on these things for a purpose, and failure to follow them can result in, as it did in this case, extreme damage to the property," Station officer Ian Louden told the ABC.
"It didn't travel very far, but it was a very vicious explosion in the area where it was."
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services told Yahoo7 there was damage to the front of the house and a man was treated by paramedics at the scene.
A gas examiner was also brought in to check the readings and make sure there was no leak.
Other people were in the home at the time of the blast, but were uninjured.
The man was taken to Mount Isa hospital.