'I wish he was alive, but I don’t think he is': William Tyrrell's grandmother losing hope
The grandmother of missing New South Wales toddler William Tyrrell says she no longer thinks he is alive.
Speaking for the first time since the toddler's suspected kidnapping in September 2014, Natalie Collins says the family has been through hell, and William's disappearance has killed her inside.
“I wish he was alive, but I don’t think he is,” she told News Corp.
‘Jesus saves William Tyrrell’: Bizarre find in forest leads to police investigation
New person of interest in William Tyrrell case interviewed by police in New South Wales
Family pens heartfelt poem to missing William Tyrrell as police say search 'is not slowing down'
The 56-year-old has admitted she contemplated suicide after the day the happy three-year-old boy was allegedly taken from the front garden of a Kendall home on the New South Wales mid-north coast.
“There are times when I just haven’t wanted to live,” said Ms Collins, who hasn't been able to hold down a job since that fateful day on September 12.
“It has been hell. I had no job, I had no income.
“It’s been tough. With William gone I couldn’t even concentrate. I just kept crying and crying and crying about the whole thing.”
Ms Collins holds on to little hope that William might be safe and alive somewhere but also revealed the heavy toll his disappearance took on her personality and relationships.
“It has killed me inside. It has killed everyone,” she said, adding that she hardly smiles anymore.
In a post to social media believed to be from William's mother a statement adds: ""Please don’t give up on our William! Please don’t stop looking for our beautiful little boy."
That statement added earlier today also says: "The Police believe that William could still be alive, that he could be anywhere and we must all continue to maintain hope in our hearts that he will be found alive. We hope he's safe, we hope he's loved, we hope he's not afraid. We hope we get an answer soon."
"We hope he comes home soon. We hope that we never have to face the fact that we may never know what happened to our beautiful little boy. We hope that someone will tell Police what they know."
The post concludes with the writer signing off as "William's Mummy".
However in stark contrast another family member believes little William has fallen victim to a pedophile ring.
“Everything I read in the media about a pedophile ring — it’s like reading a book of what I thought happened,” he told News Corp.
Police maintain William's disappearance is still a missing person's case and there's a chance he's still alive.
Four suspects have been questioned by police in relation to the case but no charges have been laid.
In January, it was revealed that detectives searching for William interviewed a new person of interest in the case.
The man has been interviewed several times, according to reports. He lives in the same town from which William disappeared in 2014, however, he says he was out of town at the time.
Last year police also focused their attention on tradesman Bill Spedding who said he had worked at the Tyrrell house in the days before the four-year-old vanished.
He has denied any involvement in the disappearance. He also said he was in Dunbogan at the time of William's disappearance.
Strike Force Rossan has also investigated 59-year-old ‘Tory’ Jones over his possible involvement in the case.
The Wauchope man has a criminal record which spans four decades and includes assault, drugs and robbery charges.
Jones' white Toyota Camry wagon matched the description released in September and was detained for forensic examination.
Police also probed the Grandparents As Parents Again (GAPA) group in the area near where William disappeared, after ex-president Paul Bickford was convicted of indecently assaulting a young girl.
If you or someone you know is thinking of suicide, phone Lifeline on 13 11 14.