A cow's life has been saved after vets removed a shocking 12kg of plastic bags from its stomach.
The six-year-old cow became unwell after refusing to eat and drink for days. However, vets in the Madhya Pradesh district of India soon realised something was wrong and operated on her.
Dr Ankit Meshram spent two hours performing the surgery, during which he discovered the large pile of plastic inside its stomach.
Graphic footage shows the vet making an incision on the cow's belly before carefully pulling out the ingested bags. They were wrapped around each other as well as the animal's major organs and intestines.
The complicated procedure involved the vet carefully removing the rubbish from four different chambers of the cow's large stomach.
If left untreated, it would have sadly lost its life.
Thanks to the vet and his team's quick-thinking and hard work, the cow survived and now has a scar on the side of its stomach.
Incredible find inside stomach of huge feral cat
Last year, an incredibly discovery was made inside the stomach of an enormous wild cat captured in Queensland.
The almost 7kg animal was sighted on Moreton Island, off the coast of South East Queensland, in April, before being captured in July — but an investigation later revealed something more.
An analysis on the animal's stomach revealed the remains of a bandicoot in the wild cat's intestines. A crow, or raven, was also in the animal's stomach.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.