SINGAPORE —The suspension of in-person visits at all residential care homes has been extended to 24 October, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said in a media release on Tuesday (5 October).
The suspension. which was announced last month, was to end originally on next Monday (11 October).
However, MOH said in the media release that the suspension will be extended in light of the emergence of several new COVID-19 clusters at the residential care homes in the past two weeks, and the continued rise of COVID-19 cases within the community.
"The extension will also provide more time for our seniors in the homes to get vaccinated or receive their booster shots," the ministry added.
"We urge the next-of-kin of unvaccinated seniors in the Homes to support and encourage their loved ones to get vaccinated."
The residential care homes will continue to offer caregivers and next-of-kin the option of telephone or video calls as an alternative to physical visits.
Singapore is in the midst of its stabilisation phase as it bids to slow down community COVID-19 transmission. It has returned to a two-person dining-in rule and reduced social gathering sizes from five to two until 24 October.
Stay in the know on-the-go: Join Yahoo Singapore's Telegram channel at http://t.me/YahooSingapore