- Serves 4
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Ingredients (per Pizza)
120g Fior di Latte (cow’s milk Mozzarella)
60g Wurstel (pork or beef sausage)
300g Fried chips
Pizza Dough (makes 4-5 pizza bases)
1kg Tipo "00" flour (sieved)
30g Fine sea salt
1g Fresh yeast
1. In a bowl, combine water and salt. Allow to dissolve.
2. Add 10% of the flour and mix. Mix well. Add more flour and the yeast.
3. Continue to add the remaining flour and mix well until combined.
4. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic. This can take up to 10 minutes.
5. Place the dough into a lightly floured bowl, cover with a damp cloth and set aside.
6. Let the dough rest for 2 hours, then divide into 4-5 round balls.
7. Cover with a damp tea towel and allow the dough balls to rise.
8. This can take up to 10-12 hours.
9. Once the dough has doubled in size, place on a lightly floured bench, stretch the dough by hand.
10. Once the dough is ready, stretch into a round disk. Spread the fior di latte evenly on the top, and add the wurstel.
11. Cooking Time: In a kitchen oven, bake at 280 degrees for approximately 8-10 minutes. Or, in a wood fired oven, cook at 400 degrees between 60 - 90 seconds.
12. Once the pizza has cooked, cut into even slices then place the fried chips evenly across the pizza.