Fears of an explosion on the Paris underground have been allayed after police confirmed an electrical fault was responsible for smoke emerging from one of the train stations.
The Paris Metro service was disrupted and dozens of people were evacuated after the incident on Wednesday night in the French capital city.
"No explosion. This was not a (terrorist) attack," a police spokesman said.
It had earlier been reported that there was an explosion.
Two people suffered minor injuries from smoke inhalation, police said.
The incident comes as the city remains on high alert following the November 2015 terrorist attacks in Paris which killed 130 people when attackers launched simultaneous strikes on the Bataclan concert hall and several other targets around the city.
Last week, a 29-year-old Egyptian arrested after a machete attack at the Louvre.
A spokesman for metro operator RATP said: "There was a technical incident on line 6 and there was a release of smoke".
"Maintenance workers are on the spot. Traffic has been interrupted on part of the line."
Today's top news stories - February 9