NSW has reported two new coronavirus cases, one of which will be added to tomorrow's total, with more than 26,000 tests conducted across the state.
NSW Health reported a total of three cases, however one was the man aged in his 50s which was announced on Friday.
The other case is a woman aged in her 40s, who frequented the Bondi Junction Westfield.
Health Minister Brad Hazzard also announced on Saturday a man in his 30s who visited Bondi Junction Westfield also tested positive overnight, but the case would be added to Sunday's total.
"It is fair to say that this Delta virus would appear to be a near and present danger to anybody who is in the vicinity," Mr Hazzard said.
In addition to the new cases, four were confirmed in hotel quarantine.
On Friday it became mandatory for people in Sydney to wear face masks on public transport for at least five days.
The mandate comes after a man aged in his 50s who tested positive had "fleeting contact" with the infected limousine driver who is believed to be at the centre of the state's most recent outbreak.
The man was on the same floor as the driver at the Myer at the Bondi Junction Westfield last Saturday.
The case was included in Saturday's total of new cases.
The unvaccinated limo driver, who transported international air crews, from Sydney's east and his wife were diagnosed with the coronavirus and subsequently infected a woman at a Vaucluse cafe.
Health Minister's 'strong message' for eastern suburbs shopping centre
Mr Hazzard had a “strong message” for anyone who had been to Bondi Junction Westfield.
“Even if you happen to be passing the person who was infectious, for example, on an escalator, walking along a passageway, going through the airspace with a person has breathed out, we could see you becoming positive,” he said.
NSW Health has asked anyone who had visited Bondi Junction Westfield on Saturday June 12 between 11am to 12pm and Sunday June 13 between 1pm to 2pm and 4pm to 4.30pm to get tested for Covid-19, regardless if symptoms are present or not.
Dr Jeremy McAnulty asked people to be vigilant about checking the NSW Health website for information and advice which is being frequently updated.
Victoria records fresh Covid case
Victoria has reported one new coronavirus case on Saturday, as the state emerges from its fourth lockdown.
The Victorian case is a close contact of an existing case and has been in quarantine while infectious.
Another two new cases have been recorded in Melbourne's hotel quarantine in the 24 hours to midnight on Friday, bringing the total active cases in the state to 51.
Travel restrictions were scrapped in Victoria from Friday except for people visiting the snowfields, and masks are no longer required outdoors.
Victorian Acting Premier James Merlino said the Sydney outbreak was a "sobering reminder that this virus is with us in our country and will be with us for quite some time".
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org