Man hospitalised, accuses McDonald's server of poisoning drink

A McDonald’s customer has accused a female staff member of trying to “murder” him after he pointed out a mistake in his order.

Lee Graves said had just placed his order via the drive-thru at the Jacksonville, Florida store when he told the staff member “this was supposed to be a large Coke”.

He said he eventually received his correct drink size, served up with an unexpected ingredient from the staff member.

While talking on the phone, Mr Graves said he noticed the drink began erupting like a volcano.

Lee Graves said he took a couple of big sips after his coke started exploding out the lid. Source: Facebook/Lee Graves
The Florida man shared this image, saying he found what appeared to be a laundry tablet at the bottom of his Coke. Source: Facebook/Lee Graves

“I took a couple big gulps to try to stop it and it tasted like chlorine,” Mr Graves wrote in a Facebook post.

“I thought my taste buds were off since I’ve had a bunch of dental work done this week, but when I took the lid off I saw a big clump of blue goo.

“I thought she’d spit in it, and it wasn’t until an hour later when I dumped it out that I realised it was much worse.”

Mr Graves shared several photos of what he claimed to be “some kind of industrial tide pod”, a popular type of laundry detergent.

Mr Graves said he underwent several tests and two rounds of blood work at UF Health Jacksonville. Source: Facebook/Lee Graves

“My stomach is cramping and I feel a little nauseous. I’ve had 2 rounds of blood work and 2 IVs and an EKG and some kind of pill,” he added.

While hospitalised, Mr Graves shared several images, including one of the tainted soft drink, adding that he has filed a report with McDonald’s, the health department and the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.

Yahoo7 News has contacted McDonald’s for comment.