Doctors have made an amazing discovery inside the stomach of a 33-year-old man.
Dr Skender Telaku, from Kosovo, posted about the man on Facebook after he visited doctors late last month.
It is not known why but somehow the man had a Nokia 3310 mobile phone in his stomach.
Surprisingly, Dr Telaku wrote surgeons did not have to cut the man open to remove it because luckily the phone was split into three parts.
However, there was concern that the phone’s battery might damage the man’s organs.
Doctors performed an endoscopy to remove the device. Endoscopies involve using a long, flexible tube which is inserted into the body.
“In the end, we took out the battery, which is the most dangerous of all these parts because that part was irradiated and could explode in the intestines, releasing chemicals,” Dr Telaku told the Pristina media.
The procedure lasted two hours. The man suffered no further complications after the phone was removed.
Object blocking dog's stomach
A dog living in Orange, NSW had to go to the vet in April with fears something lodged in the pooch’s stomach was stopping him from eating.
Monty, a black labrador, was weak, had pale gums, black stools and a large abdomen.
Blood tests showed the dog was anaemic and low in protein, meaning he was losing blood.
Like the man with the phone, doctors performed an endoscopy on Monty and found what was making him sick.
Do you have a story tip? Email: email@example.com