If you're decorating your house and a Christmas tree this year, beware of dodgy products on the market.
Fair Trading has been inspecting stores for dangerous decorations, and they've discovered some that could electrocute you or set your house alight.
Their inspectors are on the warpath, calling on hundreds of retailers, checking Christmas lights, decorations, electrical wiring and plugs.
And they've uncovered some imported hazards.
Made from highly flammable artificial plants, this Christmas candleholder could burn your house down.
"We don't want to see people injured or hurt this Christmas," NSW Minister for Fair Trading Matt Kean said.
"This one's dangerous, throw it away" - advice from Fair Trading executive director Lynelle Collins.
"One of the bulbs here is broken, exposing live electrical parts."
"It's not just the decorative parts," Ms Collins said.
"Bad electrical connections can kill if touched, or in contact with metal surfaces, like a patio or garage."
Safety inspectors are also looking at online sites.
Recently Chinese power adaptors were seized and removed from sale because they don't meet Australian safety standards and could be very dangerous.
"Look for the Australian plug with the insulated pins," Ms Collins said.
"You can see there is a bit of colour on the end, and the approval number on the back of the power supply."
If your decorations have been used for a few seasons, it's advisable to check the power cord is not frayed or cut, and the globe sockets and plugs are intact.