The body of missing Victorian Whorouly woman Karen Chetcuti has been found at Lake Buffalo.
Search and Rescue police, and the Homicide Squad, have located the body of in scrubland at the Buffalo Lake weir wall this afternoon.
The body was located off Croppers Creek Road near Myrtleford about 1.35pm.
Ms Chetcuti's Neighbour Michael Cardamone remains in police custody and is assisting police with their investigation into her disappearance.
No charges have been laid.
TIMELINE OF EVENTS:
- Mother of two Karen Chetcuti is last seen leaving the Whorouly Hotel at 7.20pm on Tuesday
- Ms Chetcuti is reported missing by a concerned friend at 9.30pm last Wednesday, and the search begins
- Ms Chetcuti’s car is discovered burnt out 20 kilometres from her home, in Myrtleford, on Thursday morning
- Neighbour Michael Cardamone says he was the last to see Ms Chetcuti, but denied any involvement in her disappearance.
- Detectives visit Michael Cardamone's home for questioning on Saturday, but he was not there
- Police receive a report Michael Cardamone had been kidnapped on Saturday afternoon
- Patrolling police find Michael Cardamone in a vehicle on Punt Road, St Kilda before 5am Sunday. He was pursued by the police Air Wing until he pulled over and arrested in Ringwood around 6am
- Police search Michael Cardamone's home on Sunday and declare the property a crime scene. Victoria Police divers in the Ovens River as part of the search
- The body of Ms Chetcuti has been found at Lake Buffalo
More to come.
Neighbour arrested over Karen Chetcuti's disappearance
Neighbour taken to custody over the disappearance of Karen Chetcuti