So you've planned the perfect Easter get-together: there's plenty of Easter candy to go around, the house is adorned with the prettiest spring decorations, and you've already set up the egg hunting and basket-making activities. But everyone knows that holidays don't always go according to plan — especially when it comes to food and grocery shopping! Maybe you've forgotten that key ingredient in your perfect Easter dinner recipe, or perhaps even run out of chocolate eggs in your basket — but no matter what item on your shopping list you forgot to pick up, there's no need to worry: There will be plenty of grocery stores open on Easter, so you can ensure that all your holiday festivities go smoothly.
Whether you're looking for the food dye you forgot to buy or you're scrambling to replace all the Easter candy you secretly ate ahead of the holiday (oops!), head to any of these grocery stores on the list on Easter Sunday to pick up anything you need — and as always, be sure to call ahead to your local store before making your trip, as many store hours vary location. And if you'd rather have someone else do all the cooking and planning, make sure to check out our list of restaurants open on Easter before celebrating with your favorite Easter traditions.
Grocery Stores Open on Easter:
- Food Lion: Food Lion stores will be open for regular hours from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Easter, though store hours may vary by location.
- Fresh Market: Fresh Market locations will be open for Easter, though they will offer limited hours, so be sure to call ahead and check your local store hours for the holiday.
- Giant Food: Giant Food stores are typically open on Easter Sunday, though hours may be limited, so we'd recommend checking with your local store.
- Kmart: Most Kmart stores will be open for regular hours from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Kroger: All Kroger stores will be open on Easter Sunday for regular hours from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. (some locations are open 24 hours), though Kroger pharmacies will be closed and will reopen on Monday.
- Meijer: Meijer locations will be open on Easter for regular store hours. Most stores are open 24 hours, though some locations close at 11 p.m. or midnight.
- Safeway: Safeway will be open for normal hours from 10 a.m. to 8 pm. this Easter (with some locations open 24 hours), though you should make sure to call ahead to your local store.
- Save-A-Lot: Though we don't have information yet on Save-A-Lot's Easter hours, most stores were open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. last year.
- Target: Last year, Target stores were closed on Easter Sunday, but it's unclear yet whether the superstore will open its door this year — so be sure to call ahead to your local store.
- Trader Joe's: Last year, Trader Joe's was open until 5 p.m. Call ahead for your local store hours.
- Walmart: Walmart will be open for regular operating hours. Check your store's local hours with the website's store locator.
- Wegmans: All Wegmans stores will be open for regular hours. Hours vary by location, though many stores are open 24 hours.
- Whole Foods: Unfortunately there is no information on Whole Foods' Easter hours yet, but last year most stores were open for regular hours from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Grocery Stores Closed on Easter:
- Sam's Club
For can't-miss news, expert beauty advice, genius home solutions, delicious recipes, and lots more, sign up for the Good Housekeeping newsletter.
You Might Also Like