So you've planned the perfect Easter at home with loved ones: there's plenty of Easter candy to go around, and the house is adorned with the prettiest spring decorations. But everyone knows that holidays don't always go according to plan — especially when it comes to food and grocery shopping! Maybe you've forgotten that key ingredient in your perfect Easter dinner recipe, or perhaps even run out of chocolate eggs in your basket — but no matter what item on your shopping list you forgot to pick up, there's no need to worry: There will be several grocery stores open on Easter, so you can ensure that your meal will go smoothly.
That being said, due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis this year, you should remember to only take trips to the grocery store and pharmacy when absolutely necessary. If possible, you should opt for grocery delivery or curbside pickup. But if you must head to the store this Easter and in the next few weeks, practice social distancing and proper hygiene, and wear a face covering while out in public. Seniors and at-risk customers should shop during designated hours.
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, many grocery stores may have adjusted their regular store hours. It's best to call your nearest chain before you head out to get the most up-to-date information on closures, hours, and more.
Grocery Stores Open on Easter:
- Food Lion: Food Lion stores will be open for regular hours from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Easter, though store hours may vary by location.
- Fresh Market: Fresh Market locations will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. this Easter. Be sure to call ahead and check your local store hours for the holiday.
- Giant Food: Giant Food stores are open on Easter Sunday for regular hours. Most stores will be open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., while 24-hour stores will remain open all 24 hours.
- Harris Teeter: All stores will be open for their adjusted store hours, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Kroger: All Kroger stores will be open on Easter Sunday for their adjusted store hours due to the coronavirus outbreak. You can check your local store's updated hours here.
- Meijer: Meijer will be closing early on Easter, opening from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Stop & Shop: On Easter, Stop & Shop locations will be open from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Special shopping hours will be available at 6 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. for vulnerable customers.
- Rite-Aid: Most locations will be open for regular hours this Easter, though some stores may have shortened their business hours due to the coronavirus crisis, so be sure to check with your local store.
- Walmart: Walmart will be open on Easter for its adjusted hours due to COVID-19, from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m, while all 24-hour stores will have reduced hours from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Check your store's local hours with the website's store locator.
- Wegmans: Wegmans will be open on Easter with its adjusted store hours, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m for stores in Brooklyn and New Jersey and 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. for all other locations.
- Whole Foods: Whole Foods stores will be open on Easter for their adjusted hours, though these hours depend on location, so be sure to check with your local store for updated hours. Stores will also open one hour earlier for customers who are 60 and older.
Grocery Stores Closed on Easter:
- Sam's Club
- Trader Joe's
You Might Also Like