A 72-year-old Adelaide woman has died after she developed blood clots following administration of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
"Obviously this is a very sad situation," SA Premier Steven Marshall said on Monday, saying the woman died in the Royal Adelaide Hospital overnight.
The woman had received her first vaccine dose on June 24 and was admitted to the hospital on July 5. She spent several days in the ICU.
State keeps an eye on Sydney outbreak
The premier also announced increased scrutiny on people returning from Sydney in response to a "seriously deteriorating" Covid-19 situation in NSW.
From midnight on Monday, anybody returning to SA from Greater Sydney will not be able to simply apply online and will be subject to a higher level of checks.
About 950 people returned last week, but Premier Steven Marshall says authorities want to "seriously turn that tap off".
"Exemptions will be approved but on a much narrower basis. There will be high level of scrutiny," he said.
Mr Marshall has also given details of a removalist who tested positive in Sydney to the virus shortly after returning from a job moving a family of four to SA.
He said the family members were all in isolation and tested negative to the virus on both days one and four.
The premier said it was believed the three removalists involved had not stayed overnight in SA, but had returned to NSW immediately after completing their delivery.
There are no SA sites of concern in relation to their activity.
Do you have a story tip? Email: email@example.com.