Victoria has recorded just 14 new coronavirus cases and five more deaths.
The number of infections with an unknown source are lower than those recorded on Saturday as the state “moves toward COVID normal”, the health department said on Twitter on Sunday morning.
The last time the number of infections dipped below 15 was on June 19.
The five new fatalities take the Victorian toll to 762 and the national count to 849.
It takes Metropolitan Melbourne's 14-day new case rate down to 36.2, well below the state's target of 50.
The next step on Melbourne's roadmap out of lockdown will begin on September 28 when some on-site work will return, child care will reopen and some school students will be allowed back into the classroom.
People will be able to meet outdoors for up to two hours with members of one other household, though the five-kilometre travel limit will remain.
The state's health chief Brett Sutton said on Saturday the five-household cluster of 34 cases in the city's southeast was "under control".
Contact tracers discovered members of each house had been breaching the 5km travel limit for visits.
A special team has been created to target the cluster, with the government saying it is in conversation with local community members and leaders.
Health boss reveals ‘biggest concern’
Dr Sutton revealed on Saturday his “biggest concern” is people becoming too relaxed with COVID social distancing restrictions within their own homes.
He said it is understandable relatives want to have close contact with visiting loved ones and may feel uncomfortable wearing a mask inside their home, but encouraged them to be safe.
“I wouldn’t stand in the way of people who want to wear a mask in the presence of those who want to be [proportional]. You can be infectious without the first onset of symptoms,” he said.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.