The 16-year-old boy bashed in a Balga park at the weekend has died.
The Duncraig teenager had been on life support in intensive care since he was found unconscious in a pool of blood at Princess Wallington Reserve on Sunday afternoon. He died in Royal Perth Hospital this morning.
Yesterday a Balga 16-year-old faced Perth Children’s Court charged with causing grievous bodily harm to the youth. Charges may now be upgraded.
Police allege the two teenagers knew each other and had arranged to meet at the park on Sunday afternoon. But detectives have not revealed if they know why the teenagers were meeting or what happened.
Overnight police also charged a 16-year old from Warnbro, a 16-year-old from Westminster and a 15-year-old from Marangaroo with aggravated robbery and grievous bodily harm. Police also believe these three teenagers knew the victim.
The three faced Perth Children's Court today. The teens did not enter pleas or apply for bail. All three were remanded in custody. One of the boys is due in court on December 27 the other two will reappear on January 14.
A supporter of one of the boys said his heart went out to dead boy's family. He asked for privacy for all families involved.
Clement Wetnhiak, 19, who tried to revive the youth, said he thought the boy was dead when he and two friends found him while riding their bicycles through the park.
He said the teen appeared to have been badly bashed and had blood on his shirt.
“We thought, ‘he’s just dead’, you know, he’s just gone,” Mr Wetnhiak said. “He’s just lying there, his eyes were half shut and we tried to move (his eyelid) and he wasn’t moving.”
Mr Wetnhiak, who is in Perth on holiday from Melbourne, said the bashed teenager was alone and had a bag that was “half open” as if someone had gone through it.
He said his friends called an ambulance and they gave the youth CPR until St John Ambulance officers arrived and continued trying to revive him.
“They found a pulse and they took him to hospital,” he said.
The area was cordoned off yesterday as police investigated.
Last night the major crime squad was questioning three other juvenile males, from Warnbro, Westminster and Marangaroo, over the attack.
Neighbours in the area said the arrival of ambulances and police on Sunday was the first they had heard of any disturbance at the reserve.
Anyone who was in the area between 1pm and 2pm on Sunday or has any information is asked to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.