Sydney teen dies after consuming lethal alcohol-energy drink mix

A teenage girl has died after drinking an a potent cocktail of alcohol and energy drinks she found the recipe for online.

The 15-year-old girl, who died on Monday, was found unconscious by emergency services on Friday night at a semi-rural home.

Her blood alcohol level was 0.4. At 0.37, a person is at very high risk of death.

Hills Police Area Commander Superintendent Rob Critchlow told Sunrise there was “no doubt” videos on certain online platforms contributed to the girl’s decision to drink the amount of alcohol she did.

“They’re mixing tasty ingredients with serious spirits and drinking it quickly. This reminds us of the dangers of alcohol.”

Watch the full story above.