Sydney man, 33, found dead at home after 'agonising toothache'

A Sydney man was found dead in his home after complaining of an "agonising" toothache, devastating his family who learned of his passing two days later.

Bradley Tucek, 33, was found on the kitchen floor of his Naremburn home in Sydney's north last Monday, his sister Ally Valentine said, after a colleague went to check on him when he failed to log on for work.

It's believed that Mr Tucek passed away sometime on Saturday after a visit to the dentist the day before. He'd been suffering from agonising tooth pain and was sent home with Panadol and antibiotics.

"The last time I spoke with him was via text message a few hours prior to that, on Saturday afternoon," Ms Valentine told Yahoo News Australia.

Sydney man Bradley Tucek with sister Ally Valentine
Sydney man Bradley Tucek, 33, died suddenly after complaining of a toothache (pictured with sister Ally Valentine). Source: Supplied

"Mum spoke to him on the phone that same afternoon and he told her it was the worst pain he’d ever felt in his life. It just doesn’t seem right. If his death is connected to the toothache, why was he sent home from the dentist?"

NSW Police told the family they aren't investigating suicide or foul play. They're currently waiting on a coroner's report to determine the cause of death.

Family in search of answers

Ms Valentine said she "can’t make any sense" of what's happened, and the painful wait is "too much to bear"

"We want answers as to how a simple toothache can lead to a devastating loss of life," Ms Valentine wrote on a GoFundMe page set up for the family.

"The circumstances of Brad’s death are heart-wrenching. We are utterly devastated."

Sydney man Bradley Tucek with his mum
His mum (pictured) and sister Ally Valentine had spoken to him hours before his death, but they didn't know he'd died until two days later. Source: Supplied

The heartbroken sister, who lives in Perth with the rest of Mr Tucek's family, said they became "extremely worried" when the 33-year-old stopped answering texts and calls from family.

But they "hoped he was sleeping it off", she said.

"Never in a million years did I expect Brad’s time to be so aggressively cut short," she wrote on Facebook last Tuesday.

"I wasn’t finished having him as my brother and I certainly hadn’t told him all the things he deserved to hear."

Bradley Tucek with his sister Ally Valentine, and right with family.
Ms Valentine said the family can't make sense of what happened. Source: Supplied

NSW Police confirmed they were called to a home on Glenmore Street in Naremburn at 2pm last Monday regarding a concern for welfare.

"Police located the body of a 33-year-old man, which NSW Ambulance Paramedics declared deceased at the scene," they said in a statement.

"Officers from North Shore Police Area Command commenced inquiries and a report will be prepared for the information of the coroner."

The family is hoping to raise money to cover funeral costs and bring his body home to Perth from Sydney.

Do you have a story tip? Email:

You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.