A second teenager has been charged after a Melbourne schoolboy was left with serious injuries following an alleged abduction.
A teen was allegedly forced into a grey Volkswagen Tiguan moments after stepping out of his school gates at Glen Huntly in the city’s southeast on Monday afternoon.
A short time later, the 14-year-old was ejected from the moving vehicle “in unknown circumstances” and was rushed to hospital with life-altering injuries after he was allegedly struck by the car.
On Sunday, Victoria Police announced a second teenage boy had been charged following the alleged incident.
“Detectives have charged a further teen in relation to an armed robbery in Glen Huntly earlier this week,” a police spokesman said.
“The investigation remains ongoing.”
The boy, a 15-year-old, was arrested on Saturday afternoon and faced a Children’s Court later the same day charged with offences including armed robbery, conduct endangering life and theft of a motor vehicle.
The arrest comes after a 14-year-old boy, alleged to have been the “principal offender”, was charged on Thursday with the same offences.
The same day Victoria Police Inspector Scott Dwyer warned further arrests were “imminent”.
“We have identified all those persons we believe responsible for that attack and their arrests are imminent,” he said.
Appearing on 3AW, Inspector Dwyer said two more boys from the same school had since come forward alleging they were also abducted on the same day.
“The issue is we live in a really safe city and when incidents like this are reported, it is rightfully shocking,” he said.
“But as with all crime, there will be a response to it.”
The complainant remained in a coma in a serious condition in the Royal Children’s Hospital on Friday.
Both of the teenage boys charged have been remanded into custody ahead of future court dates.
Witnesses or those with CCTV or dashcam footage have been urged to contact Crime Stoppers.