What do the major religions in Australia stand for? Many people offer opinions, many are in favour and many are scathing but what do the followers really believe in? What marks Christianity from Islam and why is New Age any different?
THURSDAY: New Age
FRIDAY: Scientology - featuring global spokesman Tommy Davis
* Scientology, was founded in 1952 by the science fiction writer L Ron Hubbard. Hubbard died in 1986 aged 74.
* Hubbard wrote - as a result of 'researching dozens of cultures' that he believed that human souls are naturally emotionally damaged and a person's aim in life should be to purge themselves of those unconscious memories.
* A central belief not often discussed is that 75 million years ago, 13.5 trillion aliens were banished to Earth by a warlord called Xenu.
* Scientology has become well known for its celebrity members focused around the California headquarters.
* In Australia, a 2007 census showed their members have increased to 2507 members, up from 1489 ten years ago. It has headquarters in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide and Canberra and has a mission in Tasmania. The Church of Scientology Australia is the regional headquarters for the entire Asian and Pacific area.