SIGN UP for our newsletter ✉️ :

Get the latest stories delivered straight to you

WATCH: Shocked baby shower guests find maggots in KFC chicken

A Melbourne man has said he found some maggots in chicken bought for a baby shower on Saturday.

It follows a Sydney woman’s nasty find in a piece of original recipe she bought for her son’s 18th birthday party on Friday night.

The man, who chose to remain unnamed and his friend bought some KFC from a restaurant in Roxburgh Park, north of Melbourne, for a baby shower he arranged with some friends where they agreed to all bring a plate.

But after everyone had enjoyed their meal, one of the guests, a little boy, found some creepy crawlies on a chicken thigh.

“It was the last piece of chicken,” the man said.

“Everyone was disgusted because we’d all eaten from the same chicken. We were all worried too.

“The company really should maintain quality.”

He sent Seven News a video of the sickening find.

Maggots can be seen crawling through the chicken. Source: Supplied
Maggots can be seen crawling through the chicken. Source: Supplied

“It’s not just three (maggots),” one man says, holding the thigh up to the camera.

“It’s many,” another says before one of the men puts the box in the garbage bag.

The man said he had to sent the video in after seeing similar report about maggots in KFC chicken on Seven News’s website on Saturday.

The IT consultant said he “frequently” goes to KFC for a meal and despite the find would happily go back – on one condition.

“So long as there’s some kind of notification from KFC that something’s been done about it,” he said.

  • How a hi-tech plastic skull helped the newborn who couldn’t breathe

  • Sickening Brisbane one punch attack filmed by shocked witnesses

  • 'Nothing's going to scare me': Kebab shop owner fights back armed thief

In a statement, a KFC spokesperson said it was "unlikely this situation happened" at the restaurant "pre-purchase".

"KFC works closely with leading Australian forensic entomologists to understand flies to ensure our restaurant cooking and food handling practices are robust so we can keep our food safe," the statement reads.

"Their latest studies show that flies only deposit eggs in food with temperatures between 10 degrees Celsius and 40 degrees Celsius.

"We hold our raw chicken below these temperatures and our cooked chicken well above so again, it’s unlikely this situation happened pre-purchase. Unfortunately at this time of the year flies are out in force across Australia.

"We urge customers to take care when leaving food uncovered during the warmer months to prevent these instances from occurring. We would welcome the opportunity to speak directly to the customer. They can contact us via our website."