UPDATE: The actor shot and killed on the music video set for Australian hip hop band Bliss n Eso has been identified as Gold Coast man Johann Ofner.
The 28-year-old had been at the recording for the Aussie band at the rented Brooklyn Standard site in Brisbane's CBD on Monday afternoon.
Police say Mr Ofner sustained a wound to his chest and, despite CPR efforts by fellow crew members, was pronounced dead at the film site.
Detective inspector Tom Armitt said a “number of firearms” were being used on the set when Mr Ofner, a former carpenter and now stuntman, was shot.
"We do not know specifically how those injuries have occurred at this point in time and that will be subject of our investigation," Detective inspector Tom Armitt said.
According to a statement released by Mushroom Promotions, which manages Bliss n Eso, the band were not on the film site at the time.
"We are able to confirm the death of a person occurred today at the filming of a Bliss n Eso music clip,” the statement read.
"The video production crew and our team are currently working with the police in their investigation."
Earlier on Monday, police said authorities were responding to reports of a workplace incident on Eagle Lane about 2pm.
“Several firearms were discharged by the actors in the scene,” Detective inspector Tom Armitt said.
“The man has received wounds to the chest; how they have occurred is part of the investigation.”
Police confirmed a criminal investigation is underway into the shooting.
According to the Bliss n Eso website, the hip hop band had put a call out for talent for a new music video for their song ‘Friend Like You’, which was set to be filmed in the Brisbane CBD last weekend.
Queensland police were unable to confirm specifics of the case, given the investigation is ongoing, which includes how many shots were fired, what type of firearms were used and if there were safety officers on site at the time.
The filming venue Brooklyn Standard issued a statement on its Facebook page, saying its thoughts and prayers are with Mr Ofner's family and friends.
"After an incident at Brooklyn Standard today, our doors will remain closed tonight as a police investigation is undertaken to identify what happened within the bar.
"The incident occurred during a film shoot at the venue, for which Brooklyn Standard had been wholly rented out, outside of opening hours.
"We would like everyone to know that none of our staff were involved in the incident and everyone is safe, and we are doing everything we can to help the police investigation at this time.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the individual involved, and we appreciate your respect and understanding at this time.”