A NSW police officer could be heard saying the couple had been seen at a protest the previous day. The arrest took place close to Hyde Park, where the couple had been sitting and speaking to media. Source: Yahoo
- This is such a joke.
MICHAEL DAHLSTROM: Michael Dahlstrom, Yahoo News.
- So this is for walking down the street.
- Yeah, a major road disruption.
- We're under arrest.
- Yes. So you do agree that you were walking down the street?
- And do you want to walk back with this officer?
- So this is punishment for being here as well?
- Yeah, it's basically because we're hanging around.
- Yeah. You've been identified from press today.
- We just enjoy your company.
- If you weren't here, we wouldn't have identified you.
- Yeah, exactly.
- We enjoy your company so much.
- Well, we'll enjoy it for a little bit longer together.
- Yeah, yeah. No worries. Come through.
MICHAEL DAHLSTROM: Did you want to make a statement?
- Yeah, we're being arrested because we were part of a protest yesterday. But essentially, it's because we've been sitting around here talking to-- because we've been sitting here, talking to people.
So they've taken the opportunity to identify us. She tried to call me Margaret, for God's sake.
- Just go through for me.
- And they've taken an opportunity--
- These protesters should be taken--