Advertisement

Police appeal to identify five people after 'hate offences' at pro-Palestine protest in central London

The five people police wish to identify (Met Police)
The five people police wish to identify (Met Police)

Police investigating alleged hate crime offences at last weekend’s pro-Palestinian march in central London have launched an appeal to identity five people.

Officers said the people pictured are suspected of a range of offences, including using discriminatory language and hate crimes. 

All of them are believed to have held placards which displayed “offensive and discriminatory language”, officers said.

Met Commander Paul Trevers said: “The protests were largely peaceful last weekend, however, a small number of people were responsible for unacceptable behaviour and we need the public’s help in identifying them swiftly.

“Do you recognise any of the people in these photographs? If so, we would encourage you to get in touch.

“There is no place for hate in London and it is important that everyone feels safe on our streets. It’s unacceptable to use these demonstrations to incite hatred.”

The force said the images have been added to its live appeals page, which currently had more than unnamed 60 individuals on it.

The appeal is part of Operation Brocks, the Met's response to the ongoing conflict in Israel and Gaza and its impact in London.

Officers have made a number of arrests throughout November for alleged hate crime offences connected to the ongoing Israel-Hamas conflict.

They include the arrest of a 55-year-old man on suspicion of racially abusing a Jewish woman in Seven Sisters, South Tottenham last Tuesday. He was also suspected of setting fire to her car earlier this month.

Anyone with information about these five people, or any of the other people on the Met’s appeals page, is asked to contact police by calling on 020 8246 9386 quoting Operation Brocks. 

You can also tweet @MetCC.