Parole officers admit they don't know where Schapelle Corby is living

Schapelle Corby’s parole officers in Bali have reportedly admitted they have no idea where convicted drug smuggler is living.

The 39-year-old is due to leave Bali in May next year after serving nine years in a Balinese prison for attempting to traffic 4.2kg of cannabis into the Indonesian city.

But as her parole period draws to an end, it has been revealed that officials have no knowledge of her whereabouts or her current address.

Schapelle Corby was found guilty of drug trafficking in 2005. Photo: AAP

Corby is registered to stay with her former brother-in-law and legal guarantor Wayan Widyartha in Kuta, but neighbours deny ever seeing her in the compound, according to New Idea.

“We don't know for sure whether she is still living in Wayan's house now,” a parole officer told the magazine.

“We never receive any reports of her doing something that breaks the rules. But we don't directly observe or monitor her 24 hours a day, it's impossible.”

Corby enjoys her first swim in nine years after being released on parole in 2014. Photo: Sunday Night
Parole officials have admitted they don't know where the 39-year-old is living. Photo: AAP

Mr Widyartha owns a surf shop in Kuta, which he sold last month, fuelling rumours among locals that he has left the area for good.

The unidentified parole officer said Corby still checks in with police monthly, as per her parole requirements.

Over the next few months, the officers will coordinate the details of her release with Indonesian Immigration.

Corby still reports to police monthly, as per her parole requirements. Photo: AAP

Corby is Bali's first foreigner to be granted parole, and the second in the whole of Indonesia, so the process is unprecedented and logistics are difficult to iron out.

Since being on parole, the former hairdresser has been enjoying her freedom with swims at Bali’s popular Kuta beach and motorcycle rides around the island.

Timeline of events:

October 8, 2004: Customs officials in Denpasar discover 4.2 kilograms of cannabis in Corby’s unlocked bodyboard bag when she flies to Bali for a birthday celebration for her sister Mercedes.

January, 2005: The trial against Corby begins in the Denpasar District Court where the prosecution bases its case on the testimony of customs officials which say Corby claimed ownership of the bodyboard bag.

May 27, 2005: Schapelle Corby is found guilty and sentenced to 20 years in prison, but both parties appeal the decision. The defence requests a retrial while the prosecution wants life imprisonment.

October 14, 2005: The High Court reduces Corby’s sentence by five years, but again, both parties appeal the decision.

January 19, 2006: The Indonesian Supreme Court overturns her sentence reduction and reinstates her original 20-year sentence.

March 28, 2008: The Supreme Court rejects Corby’s final appeal.

April 4, 2012: Indonesia's Justice and Human Rights Ministry recommends Corby’s jail sentence be slashed by 10 years on humanitarian grounds

May 22, 2012: Schappelle Corby is granted a five-year reduction in her sentence.

February 2014: Schapelle Corby is released on parole from Kerobokan jail in Bali after more than nine years behind bars.