WARNING - GRAPHIC CONTENT: A mum is recovering from horrific burns in a freak accident after a barbecue exploded.
Rebecca Rogers from the US state of North Carolina was in an accident with a gas grill which exploded on August 28, according to a GoFundMe page.
Her mum Stephanie Bell wrote that she suffered second and first degree burns in the incident and was rushed to hospital.
“It became necessary to surgically remove large amounts of skin, which resulted in skin grafts on over 20 per cent of her body,” she wrote.
Ms Rogers is undergoing daily physical and occupational therapy.
“With every trial in life she has faced, she has always come out stronger,” Ms Bell wrote. “Rebecca will physically fight this.”
Ms Rogers told local media that she’s in “excruciating” pain daily and expects the recovery will take between 9-12 months.
“I would really like to be able to wear shorts and t-shirts again, but seriously, I would like to never have nerve pain in my arms and legs,” she said.
Do you have a story tip? Email: email@example.com.