Mum of 7 with face tat accused of axe threat

Kimberley Vera Hudson allegedly threatened a police officer with an axe afer crashing her car. Picture: NCA NewsWire

A mum of seven accused of threatening a police officer with an axe after a dramatic late-night car crash has had her case adjourned again after failing to turn up at court on time.

Kimberley Vera Hudson has been charged with driving in a reckless or dangerous manner, carrying an offensive weapon, assaulting a worker and driving with excess blood alcohol after she crashed and rolled her black Holden station wagon on Goodwood Rd, a major thoroughfare in Adelaide, in May last year.

In the aftermath of the crash, police allege she threatened a police officer with an axe.

Kimberley Hudson after crashing her car at Goodwood. Picture: 7 News
Kimberley Hudson after crashing her car at Goodwood. Picture: 7 News

Ms Hudson, who is heavily tattooed, has claimed she was carrying the axe to escape from the car and she has yet to enter formal pleas to the charges.

Oi Yee Siow, appearing for Ms Hudson at Adelaide Magistrates Court on Tuesday morning, said her client was not in attendance.

“She said she was already here and then I have come to court and I haven’t been able to see Ms Hudson, Your Honour,” Ms Siow said.

Magistrate Oliver Koehn issued a “warrant to lie” for Ms Hudson, noting her case had appeared before the courts on six different occasions.

Under a warrant to lie, the notice will remain on the file and only be issued if Ms Hudson fails to appear on the next occasion she is called before the court.

But the warrant was later recalled after Ms Hudson arrived late to court.

Ms Siow also sought an adjournment for further disclosures in the prosecution’s case against her client, saying the defence was seeking “officer statements” from the night.

Ms Hudson allegedly threatened a police officer with an axe. Picture: NCA NewsWire

Ms Siow left the court shortly after the hearing.

Ms Hudson appeared after Ms Siow had left, entering the court for about five minutes before leaving again.

At earlier appearances, Ms Hudson claimed her drink had been “spiked” and expressed a wish to get out of South Australia and get back to her seven children in Western Australia.

It’s understood Ms Siow has taken over Ms Hudson’s case in the past few weeks after she sacked her lawyer.

Mr Koehn adjourned the case for pre-trial conference to April 18.