A 27-year-old US mother has been arrested for child abuse after a sickening video surfaced of her allegedly battering and threatening to kill her two-year-old son.
The incident took place April 30, 2016 in Lochbuie located about 30 miles northeast of Denver, Colorado, NBC reports.
Kristina Flores-Kennedy was arrested just after 9.30pm on Wednesday (local time) at the Lochbuie home.
The 16-minute video was filmed by a house mate identified only as Sue, inside the Lochbuie home in a plea to get the young boy help, the station reports.
Wearing a t-shirt and diaper, Flores-Kennedy screams at the crying boy to "shut up you f****** p****", before calling him a "b****" for losing her phone charger.
Flores-Kennedy then repeatedly yells at him to "find it" while hurling expletives at the child as well and telling him, "you’re going to die."
Chilling screams are heard from the little boy as his mother then bends over his playpen and slams a highchair to the ground before hitting him.
The shocking video has been viewed more than 2.3 million times since it was posted to YouTube.
Police claim that when Flores-Kennedy was arrested they found the boy's arms and legs covered in bruises and his forehead was also riddled in dark spots, resembling bruises.
The station reports that when the mother was being arrested she told police she "lost" her tempter and claims she knew she was in the "wrong."
"I'll take responsibility, I threw something at him.
"My son had lost my [phone] charger and he later found it."
Flores-Kennedy also told investigators that social workers had been involved in the past.
The mother has since been charged for two misdemeanor counts of child abuse and is being held on AUD$4,100 bond and the boy is now in protective custody.
At the time of the incident, the mother and her son were temporarily staying in Sue’s home.
The home owner claims she uploaded the video to the internet because police were not acting fast enough to take the child away after her son allegedly handed the footage into police.
Sue's sister said she and her family are receiving death threats from Flores-Kennedy.
Sue has been charged for not intervening but claims she couldn't because she is disabled and was scared for her teenage son's welfare who was in the house at the time, ABC 7 News reports.
The mother's first court appearance was via video from the jailhouse on Friday and she was allegedly sitting in a wheelchair because she suffers from scoliosis and cerebral palsy.
According to Fox31 Denver, the mother showed no emotion as a judge ordered her never contact her son again or anybody else under the age of 18.
News break – May 20