Advertisement

More charges after alleged machete attack

A manhunt has been launched after a machete attack rocked Sydney’s famed Oxford Street, with a young man brutally stabbedand a good Samaritan injured while trying to help. , , Police were called to reports of a stabbing outside a nightclub in Surry Hills, believed to be Noir Sydney, about 3am on Saturday. , , Witnesses told police a 25-year-old man was being stabbed by another man armed with a machete, and that a third man, 34, had been injured when he stepped in to try and stop the violence.  Picture: NCA NewsWire
Police were called to reports of a stabbing outside a nightclub in Surry Hills, believed to be Noir Sydney, in July. Picture: NCA NewsWire

A fifth man has been charged over the alleged machete attack outside a popular Sydney nightclub as people watched on.

Emergency services were called to the Oxford St nightclub, believed to be Noir Sydney, in Surry Hills, about 3am on July 29 following reports of a stabbing.

NSW Police will allege in court that a 25-year-old man was approached by a group of armed men and stabbed multiple times with the knives they were carrying.

A 34-year-old man who went to the aid of the younger man was also allegedly stabbed by the group.

A manhunt has been launched after a machete attack rocked Sydney’s famed Oxford Street, with a young man brutally stabbedand a good Samaritan injured while trying to help. , , Police were called to reports of a stabbing outside a nightclub in Surry Hills, believed to be Noir Sydney, about 3am on Saturday. , , Witnesses told police a 25-year-old man was being stabbed by another man armed with a machete, and that a third man, 34, had been injured when he stepped in to try and stop the violence.  Picture: NCA NewsWire
Police were called to reports of a stabbing outside a nightclub in Surry Hills, believed to be Noir Sydney, in July. Picture: NCA NewsWire

In CCTV obtained by NCA NewsWire, one of the men is seen standing up and moves away, while the second stays on the ground and raises his arm multiple times towards the person who was tackled to the ground.

Moments later, another person is seen in the footage pushing the second man away before then sprints across the to the other side of the street.

NSW Ambulance paramedics treated the older man, and he was taken to hospital for injuries sustained to his arm and hand.

Friends of the younger man drove him to St Vincent’s Hospital, where he was treated for his injuries.

Both of the alleged victims have since been released from hospital.

Following an extensive investigation, police have charged a fifth man over the alleged stabbing.

The 20-year-old man was arrested at a correctional centre in Silverwater, about 9am on Thursday.

A manhunt has been launched after a machete attack rocked Sydney’s famed Oxford Street, with a young man brutally stabbedand a good Samaritan injured while trying to help. , , Police were called to reports of a stabbing outside a nightclub in Surry Hills, believed to be Noir Sydney, about 3am on Saturday. , , Witnesses told police a 25-year-old man was being stabbed by another man armed with a machete, and that a third man, 34, had been injured when he stepped in to try and stop the violence.  Picture: NCA NewsWire
Five people have been charged over the alleged stabbing outside the Surry Hills nightclub. Picture: NCA NewsWire

He was charged with cause wounding/grievous bodily harm to person with intent to murder, affray, and reckless wounding – in company.

The man was refused bail to appear at Downing Centre Local Court on Friday.

During the course of the investigation, police also charged four other men over the alleged stabbing attack.

An 18-year-old was arrested on Hollingsworth Rd at Marsden Park in November and charged with causing a wound/grievous bodily harm to a person with intent to murder, affray, and reckless wounding in company.

A 21-year-old man was arrested in Queensland in September and extradited to NSW where he was also charged with causing a wound/grievous bodily harm to a person with intent to murder, affray, and reckless wounding in company.

A second 18-year-old was arrested at Lalor Park in September and charged with the same offences as well as possess unauthorised pistol and not keep firearm safely.

The second 21-year-old was arrested in October and charged with cause wounding/grievous bodily harm with intent to murder, reckless wounding in company and affray.

Inquiries under Strike Force Jacob are ongoing.