A McDonald’s staffer has tested positive for coronavirus.
The worker from the fast food chain’s Mill Park location in Melbourne’s north was confirmed to have contracted the deadly virus on Friday, 7 News reported.
Other staff members received a letter informing them the employee is self-isolating.
“When we were informed we immediately reviewed which Crew/ Managers have been in close contact with this employee over the last 14 days,” the note read, according to the report.
“We have contacted these employees personally and have directed them to self-isolate. They are not working in the restaurant.”
An outbreak of the virus previously broke out at a McDonald’s in Fawkner.
Victoria’s infections expected to rise
Victoria recorded 33 new coronavirus cases on Thursday - the largest number of daily cases reported since April 7.
Seven of the cases were in hotel quarantine while the other 26 appear to be locally acquired, nine of which are linked to existing clusters and 11 are under investigation.
Premier Daniel Andrews said the number of infections would continue to rise as social distancing restrictions continue to be rolled back.
"We will see these numbers go up in coming days," he said while announcing 10 hotspot suburbs that will see an “unprecedented” testing blitz.
"Now, we might all be very pleasantly surprised – test literally entire suburbs and not get many positive cases. That would be a great problem to have. But I am indicating to you, I think that we will see more cases and that's exactly why we're doing this testing.
"To get to the bottom of how much virus is out there, to take direct action with those families, with those people that have tested positive, to keep them in their homes, and to make sure that they're not spreading the virus to anybody else,” he said.
Do you have a story tip? Email: email@example.com.