A man has been slammed after he filmed himself licking a bluebottle he found at the beach.
The TikTok user, who goes by the name Alexa Reed, posted a video of him picking up the bluebottle after it had washed onto the sand.
"Look guys, a jellyfish is still here," he can be heard saying in the video.
Reed doesn't say on which beach he found the bluebottle, but as he pokes and prods the sea creature he comments on how cold and slimy it is before announcing he is going to pick it up.
"Yep, it's a jellyfish, look how big it is," he says to the camera.
"And it's still moving, oh my god, I'm going to lick it."
The man then touches the top of the bluebottle with his tongue before screaming and yelling, "it stung me".
People on TikTok were alarmed by the man's decision to lick the bluebottle.
"Hella dangerous dude," one person commented.
"Glad you're alive," another commented.
"Are you trying to die?" a third questioned.
Others suggested however the man only licked the top of the bluebottle and it's the tentacles that cause the sting.
What to do if you're stung by a bluebottle
Western Australian Museum says on its website bluebottle stings are mild and cause localised pain and swelling that can last for an hour or more.
"The skin may be marked with a raised, red line or small bead-like weals," it added.
The Western Australian Museum warns against treating the sting with vinegar and said people should remove any tentacles using tweezers or a gloved hand.
"If possible soak for 20 minutes in hot water (42C)," the museum says.
"Apply cold packs, and possibly a pain relieving cream, to the affected area for pain relief. This may need to be repeated for some weeks if the itchiness persists."
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org